Friday, July 10, 2009

Park Gatherings









Well, when our ECFE class ended, we thought we should all try to get together around the same time every Friday, just so the kids could play together and we could get some adult conversation. The last couple weeks have not really worked out.

Today, the kids and I went to the park by ourselves (not like it's far, right across the street), hoping someone else would show up, but not terribly upset or surprised when no one did - it had rained all night and it was pretty wet over there. So, my little guy walked around the park for about 2 seconds before he found the mud puddle. He looked at it, looked at me, then took the plunge. Didn't take him too long before he gave up jumping up and down in it and just laid down. I don't think his, or his sisters socks, will ever be white again.

But, I wouldn't trade the dingy grey socks for anything. They had so much fun - and I had a blast just watching them.

So, it made me kind of glad that no one else showed up, because then I'd have felt like I had to keep my kids out of the puddle, so no one elses kids would jump in it too.

(hey, 2 days of posts in a row - a record - LOL)


No comments: