Friday, March 26, 2010

Thespian to Lesbian and some rambling

Ok, so last night my daughter called me a thespian. First, I thought ok, cool, I can be an actor. Then I thought, wait a second, how does my 5 year old princess know what a thespian is? So, i asked her what she said and she said I was a lesbian. Ok, so how does she know that word.
Princess, what does lesbian mean? It means you kiss girls.
Ok then. How do you explain that to a 5 year old?

Here's the rambling part. I've got friends who blog every day. I want to do that. Why can't I seem to? I'm on the computer often enough every day. It would be a great place to document the lives of my children, and all the silly thing they say and do. Heck, I'd even be happy with a few times a week - and I'm sure I felt the same way in November, when I posted last. Ok, I'm going to try really hard to post at least 3 times a week. Maybe 3 times a day. LOL

Ok, ok, if you really want to know, I told Princess that some girls like girls instead of boys. She insisted that she was a lesbian because she has girlfriends. Ok, new approach. Princess, lesbian is not a bad word, but you are too young to use it. So, if I hear you saying it again you will be in trouble, and we will discuss this more when you are older. Oy!

No comments: